Tuesday, December 28, 2010

You Inside My Mind

So, I'm working on a new project.

I've been writing incomplete letters/poems since early November for this piece that I'm calling "You Inside My Mind". It's a direct address piece inspired by the self-portrait assignment from the class that begat this blog. Currently, there are 7 incomplete pieces.

While, these are called incomplete pieces, they are technically complete (follow me). I've been writing poetry for a very long time. I've written all of these pieces about my parents, myself, and most importantly girls. For whatever reason, I've never been able to complete anything that's about my current partner--I actually had this amazing piece started on a napkin about a beach trip that we took that came pouring out of me as I walked back to campus from church (yeah, this was quite a while ago), but I lost it and haven't been able to recapture it.

The overall feel of this piece is going to be ethereal and clustered. I basically plan on recording these pieces in my voice and have them fade in and out of images of Caitlin and our apartment, etc. I'm also planning on recording some improvised guitar playing in the background that will give the feel of someone trying to write a song and not being able to get it right.

My plan is to have this completed by February. After I get this together I think I will be in a place that I can revisit "The Rest" and fix the timing issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment